Dr Shailesh Keshav Mishra
Dr Shailesh Keshav Mishra
(M.S. Orthopedic, DNB Orthopedic)
Fellowship in Knee and shoulder Arthroscopy- Mumbai
Fellowship in Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy and Joint
replacement (KNUH, Daegu, South Korea)
Consultant Orthopedic, Joint Replacement and Arthroscopy Surgeon
- Criticare hospital, Juhu, Andheri west
- Hinduhrudaysamrat Balasaheb thakare Trauma centre,
- Jogeshwari east
- BSES Bramhakumari Hospital, Andheri west
- S.L. Raheja, Fortis, Mahim
- Ramkrishna Mission Hospital, Khar West
- Sanjeevani Hospital, Virar west (once in 15 days)
- Unity Hospital, Surat (Once in 15 days)
Also I am operating at various places as Knee and Shoulder surgeon at various places in Mumbai eg Global hospital, Sujay.
Contact No. : 9920888216 / 9920888286
E Mail : email@example.com
Language Skills : Proficient in English, Hindi , Marathi, Gujrathi
Orthopedic Surgeon with specialization in sports injuries and joint replacement, Arthroscopic surgery. Accomplished medical professional adept at performing surgeries completing evaluations and developing successful treatment plans. Driven to communicate well and establish strong rapport with all patients.
Licences / Registration:
- Medical Council of India
- Maharashtra Medical Council
- Diplomate of National Board
Teaching Experiance: 8.2 years
- 2 years in residency in BJ medical college, Pune
- 1 year during senior residency at KEM, Parel, Mumbai
- 2.2 yrs as Assistant Professor/Lecturer at MGM hospital, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai
- Assistant Honoraray at Balasaheb Thakare Trauma Centre- 3 years
- Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Knee Arthroscopy- Meniscectomy, Meniscal repair, ACL, PCL,
- Knee- MCL, LCL, MPFL reconstuction
- Cartilage autologous transplantation
- High tibial osteotomy
- Tibial tubercle osteotomy
- Total Hip Replacement
- Shoulder Arthroscopy: Bankart repair, Acromioplasty, Lateral clavicular resection, Arthroscopic Rotator cuff repair, Labral repair
- Lower Limb Alignment Osteotomies
- Fractures around Knee, Hip and shoulder
- Working as Assistant Honorary at Hrudaysamrat Balasaheb Thakare Trauma Centre, Jogeshwari East, Mumbai
It is a 300 beded hospital located at the junction of western express highway and highway connecting to eastern express highway(JVLR), offering tertiary care to the orthopaedic patients. We are a team of qualified orthopaedic surgeons seeing around 180-200 patients/day in the OPD and operating around 60 cases in a month including all subspeciality of orthopaedic. We have world Class, Laminar flow Operative rooms where I routinely do Arthroscopy of Knee and Shoulder and Joint replacement surgeries of Knee. I manage of team of 6 doctors in this hospital.
- Worked as Assistant professor, Department of Orthopedic, MGM Medical college & Hospital, Kamothe, Navi Mumbai ( September 2012 till 30th November 2014)
MGM is 500 beded hospital since 1989 located at the Pune express Highway with attached medical college. It has full fledged Orthopedic department with around 120-150 orthopedic surgeries happeneing in a month including trauma, joint replacement, arthroscopy and spine. Being the only arthroscopic surgeon in the team, I had opportunity to cater all the arthroscopic and ligament surgery work of hospital. Being the oldest hospital in the area and situated at the junction of seven major highways MGM is referral institute for many nearby districts, in addition to the local patient load.
- Clinical Fellowship at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune with Dr Ashish Babhulkar, Shoulder Surgeon in June 2015
With Dr Ashish Babhulkar, I had opportunity to attend and participate in 15 to 18 surgeries per week and 200 patients in the OPD per week, which helped me to improve my skills further and clear my concepts.
- Clinical Fellowship at “Kyungpook National University Hospital” in Daegu, South Korea as Clinical Fellow with Professor Hee-Soo Kyung in the department of Knee surgery (Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty) ( 5th June to 4th September 2012)
KNUH is 800 beded multispeciality university hospital ( Medical College) where around 70-80 knee surgeries performed in a month covering Arthroscopic ligament reconstruction, knee alignment procedure for OA of medial compartment, total knee replacement. I had opportunity to work two days in a week with shoulder surgeon who used to perform 35-40 procedures in a month of shoulder arthroscopy inclusive of subacromian decompression, rotator cuff surgery, surgeries for recurrent dislocation, shoulder replacement and Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Clinical Fellowship with Dr Abhay Narvekar (1st April – 15th may 2012)
Dr Narvekar is eminent arthroscopic surgeon practicing in western Mumbai. He is operating around around 100 cases in a month of knee and shoulder arthroscopy
- Registrar at Breach Candy hospital (January-March 2012)
I closely observed and Assisted Eminent Joint Replacement Surgeons of Mumbai Dr Rajesh Maniar and Dr Arun Mullaji
- Linical associate at SEVENHILLS Hospital, Marol as a clinical associate with Dr V.J.Laheri, Dr Avinash Date, Dr Vinay Joshi ( September 2010 to November 2011)
I actively Participated in planning of Arthroscopy and joint replacement surgeries and Assisted. We had good footfall of overseas patients for joint replacements.
- Senior Registrar in KEM (King Edword Memorial Hospital) Mumbai- ( August 2009 to july 2010 ) (Teaching post)
KEM is 2200 bedded multispeciality community hospital. It has 180 bedded full fledges orthopaedic department with 30 qualified orthopedic surgeon and 36 postgraduate students with around 250 surgeries performed in a month of all orthopaedic subspeciality with high quality care to the patient. KEM is referral quarternery care centre for many hospital in periphery of Mumbai and outside Mumbai, as well as different sates of India. I worked with Dr.S.S.Mohanty, a joint replacement surgeon,Associate professor at KEM( for six months) And with Dr.A.K.Rathod, a Spine surgeon, Associate Professor at KEM(for six months)
- Resident Postgraduate student in Orthopaedic Surgery in B.J. Medical College & Sassoon General Hospitals , Pune (May2006 – April 2009) ( Teaching post )
B.J. Medical College & Sassoon General Hospitals is 1400 bedded multi specialty & teaching community hospital. It is recognized by Medical Council of India for post graduate teaching courses & degrees. I have had an opportunity to manage number of challenging trauma & emergency cases and elective surgeries during my residency posts.
- DNB Orthopedic -2010
- Master of Surgery (M.S. Orthopedic) B.J.M.C Pune, Sassoon Hospital.-2009
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) T.N.M.C. Mumbai, B.Y.L. Nair Hospital
- Clinical Fellowship in Knee and Shoulder Surgery (South Korea)- 2012
- Clinical Fellowship in Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy (Mumbai)- 2012
- Fellowship in Total Knee Arthroplasty in 2014 under Dr Manuj Wadhwa at Max Superspeciality Hospital Mohali
- Thesis : I have worked on a project titled “Study of treatment of Intertrochanteric Fracture femur with external fixator”in my residency
- Chapter: written a chapter under the guidance of dr S.S.Mohanty on 'mangement of fracture in patients with hemophilia in a textbook name"Orthopedic management of patients with hemophilia in developing countries"
Confrence and Workshop attended
- Western Indian Regional Orthopedic Conference 2007
- Annual orthopaedic conference 2008(IOACON) organized by Indian orthopaedic association
- Annual orthopaedic conference 2008(MOACON) organized by Maharashtra orthopaedic association
- Western Indian Regional Orthopedic Conference 2009
- Annual Research Society Conference 2007, 2008,2009 B.J. Medical College, Pune. India.
- Basic and advanced fracture fixation courses organized by sancheti hospitals,pune,2006 and 2007
- Workshop on locking compression plate organized by AO Synthes in pune,2008
- Arhroscopy conference conducted at D.Y.Patil College,Pune, 2008
- Various post graduate training programme organized in Pune, Mumbai and Miraj
- ROC (Ranawat Orthopedic Conferance) , Pune 2011
- Member of IAS
- Attended International arthroscopy Congress 2013 in Mumbai
- First Indo-US Arthroscopy Meeting at Trident in August 2014
- Pune Knee Course 2015
- Shoulder Conclave 2016
- Shoulder Conclave 2017
- Rank 2 in 3
- Final M.B.B.S. examination in Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai.
- Distinction in S.S.C. & H.S.C.
- Cleared M.S.Orthopedic and DNB Orthopedic in first attempt.
- Life Member - Indian Orthopedic Society
- Life Member - Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Life Member - Bombay Orthopedic Society